Sunday, March 18, 2012

Kava Not Coffee, Drink That Make You Feel Relaxed


 "The Effects Of Kava Is Compared To Alcohol"

Today first time in my life I have tried drink named Kava.  Do you think that it has something common with coffee? That was I thinking as well. But when I was asking a bartender about if it contains caffeine, he said no. My following question was what kind of drink is that. So let me share with you what I had drunk.

It was served really nice. It was poured in coconut nut and it came with pieces of pineapple separately. When I looked inside of bowl I was little bit surprised. The drink looked like dirty mud water of grey color. I was thinking that maybe this is just color, I said myself “taste will be definitely better”. We asked the way how we should drink it. Bartender explained. You should drink it like shot and and after eat pineapple. I was a little bit skeptics so I decided just take a sip after sip. 

Imagine, I felt that I am drinking water from soil. It was bitter unsweet taste which reminded me taste of water which would come from ground. So my feeling about that that it wasn’t so tasty.
But now let s look what is this drink about. I was doing a little bit research and found following. Kava is a plant. The name kava is from Tongan and Marquesan. The roots of the plant are used to produce a drink with sedative and anesthetic properties. Kava is consumed throughout the Pacific Ocean cultures of Polynesia, including Hawaii, Vanuatu, Melanesia and some parts of Micronesia. Drink is primarily consumed to relax without disrupting mental clarity. It treats short term social anxiety.

Bartender told us, the most unique kava is from Fiji. Why? Listen carefully. Traditionally, it is prepared by virgin girls from island who chew plants and after they spit it back. I read that kava produces mild euphoria and relaxation. Some reports say that longer term effects up to two days after ingestion, including a feeling of mental clarity, patience and and ease of acceptance. The effects of kava are most often compared to alcohol or diazepam.

It sounds like really interesting drink. I definitely must try it again. I am curious if effects will be the same like I had read. 

1 comment:

  1. bro, it seems like SMECTA - powder against stomach ache :-D

    ReplyDelete