Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Find Out Who You Are and Do It On Purpose

Imagine this for while. You are employed, student, parent or member of some group. What is your goal? Of course make money, pass exams, take care about kids, and succeed. But we are forgetting something. We forget who we are, why we do what we do, we are not being self-aware. Think of you that people would appreciate you like a person more, they would like being in your presence. Would you like it? Key is self-awareness. I was given opportunity to better understand myself and most likely others. Picture, how does self-awareness of yourself can benefit you and others? I am sure you get it.


There is huge difference being or not being self aware. E.g. When I worked and was trying to show my prospects why my service is better than what they have, what often happened was that I was getting: No, I am not interested in, I am happy what I have, I do not need, I am good…you know what does it mean, right? All those answers create emotions which make how I feel. You might think in your mind that all is ok, but what is the reality? In your subconscious you are influenced, which means you let others influence you. And message you want to distribute will be colored with emotions you will share subconsciously. Because more important is how we present rather than what we present. You do not deliver what you want to.

Being self aware means difference. Most of the people would continue working thinking that everything is all right, but is it? When you become self aware, you understand what is going on. You see problem popping out. You realize that if you let it go further, it will have impact on you and people you communicate with.

So think about how do you usually handle critic situation in your life?

If you can be aware of your own emotions, you can improve your effectiveness a lot. How?
  • Putting people at ease
  • Creating  balance between work and personal life
  • Being straightforward
  • Building and maintaining relationship
  • Confronting problems  
Now I better understand myself which gives me power to understand and better communicate with others.  And I am sure you would agree that the most important factor of every relationship (with family, business partners, and friends) is communication.

So what do you think, how you can become more self aware and perceive your own emotions?
What helps me is this: 
  1. Always check how you feel (write down your own emotions)  
  2. Identify source/ is there a reason to keep those emotions
  3. Replace negative emotions with possitive (desire, faith, hope, enthusiasm, love) 
  4. Communicate appropriate message
Self awareness is pivot to leadership and it is crucial how to handle stress situations. The more accurate you can identify you emotional upsets, faster you can recover and represent who you are. The self awareness can be developed through practice. You can practice every day, use opportunities to self reflect on adversity you meet every day.
To sum up, ability to demonstrate you as a cooperative, contributing and self aware member of society is critical for long term success.  

 Do you want to become person who will contribute to society and influence others? You tell me…  

  

No comments:

Post a Comment