Thursday, July 12, 2012

Who Is Our Competition?

Everything what we do in our lives we try to look at others and compare  and compete to them in way to improve. However it usually leads to disappointment, jealousy and it might end in anger.

Recently I was reading a story about one guy and how he was competing at his race. I found resemblance between him and myself. Why? Let me explain. A guy was suffering with some physical illness which was a barrier when he runs. Nobody understood why he was doing it, why he was racing when you cannot win. People could not understand his reason of doing it and suffering every time. You can imagine that it hurts every time when he stood up at starting line and tried to run. But there was one huge difference between him and others...

When everybody else is done with race, everyone comes back to with him. He is the only runner when he falls down; someone else will help pick him up. He is the only when he finishes, has hundreds of people running behind him. And this support gives him additional positive emotions which empower him to beat himself again and again and finally win race as well.

I felt in same way. Every time there were people in our team that were standing behind me, who were supporting to me and were trying to help me as much they could. They were great to me and appreciate what I was doing even my results were not the best. I am sure that you would like to know why they behaved in such a way.

And this is what I have realized. When you compete against everybody else, no one wants to help you. But when you compete against yourself, everyone wants to help you. People do not perceive you like a competitor, but more like a person who wants to overcome yourself which is usually more important reason than just race. And eventually if you are able beat yourself you can win race as well. There is always only one barrier, YOU. Overcome yourself and you will win I know that.

Now I know why I succeeded because I was competing against myself, every day. I was reminding during my day purpose why I came there to do it. I was not there to beat anyone but myself just like the guy who was running his race. And that is why I was always feeling full support of everybody  and never lost sight of that. We often lose sight why we do certain things just because we focus more on others (competition) than to ourself. 

Have always your own purpose (something meaningful) and people will help you get what you want. 

No comments:

Post a Comment